Serendipity*

Sometimes life has some interesting turns. You look for blue and you find pink! It was like the discourse we had years ago in studio at SCi-Arc. Sometimes you look for something in your design and you turn out with something else. Something you were not even looking at. They call it "serendipity", talking about "the effect by which one accidentally discovers something fortunate, especially while looking for something else entirely". I was looking for a big change in my life. Turn everything upside down. Change the its structure. Change who is around me. For good. But before doing that I said to myself I needed a moment of solitude, spending time reading, writing and cleaning up the dirt of my everyday. I went to the lake this weekend with one only goal. Stay by myself and do nothing but relax. But my dad decided otherwise! So, he introduced me to some people he met couple of weeks ago. Went out for drinks with them and then spent time at the house talking, drinking, eating. Funnily, I found myself having a great time. I was almost sure before friday that it was impossible to find interesting people here, just looking at all the bad experiences I had lately. But I was wrong. I was looking for solitude and I found some good new people. A writer, Nicole, her husband Hans. It is really true that sometimes you just need to let things go their own way without really trying to force them into a new perspective.

3 comments:

October 13, 2008 at 7:34 PM ML said...

my god lily! such amazing insights! the same things have been happening to me!

and I love your pictures!

the minute I decided to be by myself and surf. the whole world around me changed!

suddenly old friends and real friends started popping up!

October 13, 2008 at 7:43 PM Lily Penelope said...

I didn't take these pictures...Hans did...by the way, you would like these people! So fresh, so different from the loser we know!
they also have a cool magazine, all about hanging out, restaurants, sort of a guide. She writes and he takes amazing pictures of food.
P.S: the only real cleansing I did was erasing soooooo many numbers from my cell...man it felt good!!

October 14, 2008 at 2:51 AM ML said...

lily!
they sound amazing!

great with the cleansing too! ha ha!

my god! the same things are happening to me with people!

I won't be able to make it to paris in december... I am dedicating this time to learn to surf! but I think I'll be in europe in january...