I didn't make it!

Here is the news of the day: "dear participants at the architecture competition...you did not pass the first round...we are sorry ...blah blah blah".
I didn't pass the first round of a competition and the strange part of it is that I do not really care!!! I have to be honest though, I worked very hard on it, but I know how the architecture world works here in Switzerland. It's like a music contest that you already know before it starts who is gonna win it. Stupid me that I even did it! But it was fun, I had fun doing it and that's the important part of the entire experience. At the office we put a name in an envelope. We'll open it after the winner will be announced and guess what? I am sure the name in the envelope is going to be the same!
I hate this freakin way of doing things. In some part of the world they call it mafia. Here they call it open competition...

3 comments:

October 1, 2008 at 10:00 AM ML said...

my god!

so it is the same everywhere no?

I thought it was just here.

perhaps it's about 'branding',
just like the benetton temporary space. if they weren't benetton, would they get away with it? comme des garcons does the same, in art, there's the wrong gallery.

this would not get done if not for the names - branding involved. maybe it's about being a rock star somehow that gets things done.

October 1, 2008 at 11:03 AM Lily Penelope said...

So...let's become rockstars...let's start to do something fun!! the blogspot rockstars!

October 1, 2008 at 12:13 PM ML said...

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey! that is a GREAT idea! let's do it!