Intolerance



I spent the last days feeling pathetic. There really are things I do not tolerate anymore. I need a big change! I need to finally realize that things aren't the way I always thought (or wished) they were. So, there is simply one thing to do. I need to approach my life, from now on, exactly as I did 5 years ago when I was told I was lactose intolerant. Later the intolerance transformed itself into allergy and that really fucked me up a little. Imagine being swiss, adoring cheese..oh god...a good raclette? A fondue? And suddently you feel like diing everytime you eat something that contains that damn lactose!!! So, after doing all the tests I was told it was irreversible and therefore I cannot eat any of those amazing food we have here ever again!! I had to eliminate every single thing that contained it, cheese, yougurt, butter, and every other type of food that uses lactose as a preservant. And ultimately the list of food I couldn't eat became endless. But then I told myself it wasn't a big deal. I discovered other good stuff to eat or drink that were as good, if not better, than before. I discover goat cheese (which doesn't contain enough lactose to kill me!) oh my god how good is that!!! Life is like a food intolerance. You wake up one morning and you realize some people make you sick. You become aware that certain actions (your or others) make you ill. Well, right now I am writing a list of things I am intolerant in my life. And I just do not want to have anything to do with them anymore. If really my theory of life being like a food intolerance I will certainly discover better stuff than what I have right now!

3 comments:

October 8, 2008 at 10:48 AM ML said...

absolutely brilliant! I think I will do the same!

October 15, 2008 at 7:44 PM Anonymous said...

That looks strangely good! Is that goat cheese?

October 21, 2008 at 3:12 PM Lily Penelope said...

yes! goat cheese from France! Fantasticly good!