Rebel


I got this nickname at sciarc. This instructor once told me "Lily you are a rebel and on top of that you are very funny...you should have your own sit com on tv". I remember me and Efrem laughing so hard about this. Then, I opened my email account (hotmail was brand new) I I was so into the rebel thing that it became rebel28. Years have passed, and people still call me "the rebel". In politics I was the "political rebel", which at the end didn't really pay much being like that. In architecture same thing. But then, ultimately, I think I just am a rebel. A more tired one. More tired than 10 years ago when life seemed so easy. But let me tell you: I love being a rebel. Eventhought it doesn't always turn out good, but at least I live my life like I want. Like a non diplomatic rebel!!!This image I just shot was a page from a german newspaper my mother kept and hanged on her wall (both my parents are architects and are around here at the office)...it was the right shot done the right day!!!!

5 comments:

October 2, 2008 at 11:45 AM ML said...

I am laughing out LOUD!

I love the lines... But let me tell you: I love being a rebel. Eventhought it doesn't always turn out good, but at least I live my life like I want.

here's the thing with us. we can all laugh at ourselves, madly! the real us-es. we are just so insane. bec we are always doing what we want. and we keep getting into trouble for it!

October 2, 2008 at 11:50 AM Lily Penelope said...

this has nothing to do with anything but..........damn I love this macro lense!!!
Plus, I ma still trying to figure out this digital camera I bought...I wish i bought it sooner eventhough for some reason I miss my other camera a little!!!!

October 2, 2008 at 11:52 AM ML said...

what macro lens did you get??? are you still using a canon???

with camera equipment, it always takes me a while to 'establish a relationship' with them.

it's always love at first sight, but then it always takes so much time. right now, I feel that my camera is the one leading me! augh!

October 2, 2008 at 12:03 PM Lily Penelope said...

The manual one was a minolta...and I had different lenses 4 it. When I got the digital, the only one that was compatible with minolta was a sony.
It is kind of hard to figure it out...but I stopped doing that...I just shoot automatic and focus manually!!!
Macro is great (50 mm/ 1:28)
it makes you see and feel the world differently.

October 2, 2008 at 12:37 PM ML said...

ahhhhhh!

yes, a macro really is a different way of seeing... it sort of makes you peer closer... it's almost interior!!!

I use a canon 30d with a 35mm 1.4 --- it's become so specific. I need to broaden! ha ha ha!