I guess I'm not alone

It's quite funny actually!
This morning I woke up with a thought that's been in my head for so long. I just wanted to put it out, to write it out loud in this space. But first I checked Facebook. That's when I realized I am not alone. My dear friend Mel just wrote the same thought I had. Same feeling about life. Well, that's how it is:
I've been trying to figure out what's going on with my life. It hasn't been easy here. At the beginning it was fun coming back to Switzerland after spending 7 years in LA. Now though the fun is gone. After living my life here for the past 7 years I started wondering about friendship, about self improvement, about happiness and about a lot of other stuff. Am I happy? What is friendship? Do I have real friends here? I can't say I'm unhappy but I can say I do not believe I have real friends. My mind start flipping through the pages of my life. Real friends are those I left around the world. Those I shared stuff with: art, fellings, literature, movies, laughs, discussions, parties and fun. Here nothing like that happens. The people I am sourrounded with are somewhat empty. I honestly came to realizaton that I've almost nothing in common if not the same fucking nights out during weekends. Drinks (many) and same superficial conversations everytime. No talks about exhibitions, about taking a plane to nowhere, well that we talk about but nobody is really interested in taking a plane and fly to Paris to go to the Pompidou or the Palais de Tokyo...here all they think about is going out and get wasted...tomorrow is another day. Well, I do not need nor want this type of relationships and this type of life anymore. I know that many of my old friends feel the same way.
I need a big change in my daily routine. Maybe I just dont need a routine anymore.

1 comments:

September 15, 2008 at 10:41 AM ML said...

I am almost crying reading this post...