Faces and their {his}-Stories

Every face tells us a story. Every face has a history. Interesting faces usually tell us interesting stories. Through ages many painters have represented interesting faces in their work. They externalize emotions. Thoughts. A past that you only can imagine through the feelings their expressions give you.
Something very nice happened to me while I was in LA this past month. I was introduced to the most interesting people I probably ever met in my entire life. Partners in crime: Starbucks, a table next to a fountain and a friend named Don.
Don was my neighbour when I used to live in LA. I haven't seen him for a decade. Then, one morning, thanks to a double espresso urge, I met him at a Starbucks in Marina del Rey. This was last year. We just had few days to catch up. And that was it. This year he was my first thought when I woke up the first morning. I drove to Starbucks and...there he was! LA is no doubt one of the biggest city yet, at that particular "table" life suddently became for me that of the nicest town on earth! Don started to introduce me to all his friends that, day after day would meet there. 1, 2, 3, 4 the group began to grow bigger every day. Every morning I would drive there, and every morning I would meet new people. Their kindness, their positive mood, their histories, their ideas and yes...their faces immediately fascinated me. I would stop every single day. For breakfast and later, after my relaxtion at the beach! Sitting there at "the table" was great. The conversations would be different everyday depending on who was there. Art, architecture, religion, music, literature, food, wine, cigars, world tragedies and world beauties. I have to tell you that listening to their conversations was incredibly inspiring. "The Table" became like a city within a city. And each one of the people sitting around it were the most special characters of the movie called "Everyday Life". Don, Jimmy, Ronnie, Keiko, Elaine, Tom, Emmanuel, Sylvia, Johnny, Mary-Ann...ohhh such wonderful people! With such interesting faces! With such interesting stories to tell! One more year...and I'll be back at the table...eager to be part of this amazing group of people. Listening and anticipating like in any great books: anxious to know what the next page will contain!

F1
F6
F11
F10
F7
F5
F8
F3
F2
F12
F13

2 comments:

September 9, 2009 at 7:49 AM onkeltom said...

i don't believe a word of it! I don't even believe what I see!
Dear Lily, you must have come from a nunnery! I never guessed I was talking to an Artist. So modest, so shy. so...censored?
colta gente

September 9, 2009 at 2:21 PM Lily Penelope said...

"onkeltom" what are you talking about????