Inhabiting Art

This is, no doubt, one of the best art/architecture installation I've seen at the Biennale this year. To be honest I have to admit that it is one of the best installation I've ever seen...period! This fantastic work was created by the argentinian artist Tomas Saraceno with the title "Galaxies Forming along Filaments, like Droplets along the Strand of a Spider's Web".
This is what I want from art/architecture. The ability to be part of it. The chance to be part of its meaning. To be one additional detail that can add value to it. Art that is speaking to us. And we, consciously or not, interact with it. With our feeling, with our imagination, with our secret thought!
There was a moment, inside the exhibition space that a strong feeling of being catapultedd inside a virtual space crossed my mind. It felt as if those lines where just in your imagination. Yet, the same feeling, crossed my mind even when I downloaded the images. Looking at them on my pc, felt like a montage, reality vs. virtual. Inserting people in a virtual space to give depth to it. To make it alive. But, in fact, we, the visitors, made this possible. We made it alive. We were inhabiting art. Art gave us a temporary shelter! Photos by lilypenelope


I-A1
I-A2
I-A3
I-A5
I-A4
I-A6
I-A7
I-A8
I-A9
I-A10
I-A13
I-A14
I-A15
I-A17
I-A18
I-A19
I-A20
I-A21

0 comments: